Kik is a social media app founded in 2009 and currently developed by Kik interactive. It is one of the most comprehensive and feature loaded social media app which leaves its competitors in the dust. Kik allows people to connect with each other seamlessly without any issues. Kik is for phones only, but there are some tricks and tips to use it on your computer! Some simple tinkering and know-how can allow you to use the application on your desktop in no time.
As I said earlier, Kik messenger won’t directly work on windows. You need to install an emulator on your computer and run the application via that emulator. I’ll tell you exactly what to do, step by step. To put it in a layman’s language, emulators emulate a particular device. An Android emulator recreates a virtual phone on your computer. You can use this virtual phone to play games or to use different applications.
There are several ways to do it; I will outline some of them.
Method 1: Bluestacks
Bluestacks is one of the most popular ways to emulate kik for pc. In essence, it mimics an android phone on your PC. Blue stacks are one of the most widely used android emulators. Many people use it to play android games on their PCs, and you can use it to run kik on pc too.
Step One – Download BlueStacks App
First of all, you have to download the blue stacks app from their official website. Once you are on their site, navigate and click on “Download Blue stacks 3” The download should begin now. Once you have downloaded it, install it, the installation will take some time.
Let the installation process take its time.
After the installation, the app will ask you select a language, put in your google email ID, just like on an android phone. Follow the set-up as given.
Step Two – Click on the Search Bar
You’re now inside the app. Go ahead click on the search bar in the top right corner. Put in the word “Kik.” After that, just hit “Visit Google Play.”
The app will now search the play store for Kik, just like the Play store on your phone. You will see the Kik app, now click on install. Accept the permission requests as usual. After successfully installing kik for pc, you can now sign up or log in! Have fun!
Method 2: – Bluestacks (APK Version)
Now, some of you may not feel safe searching on the play store, no problem, I got you covered. This method is an alternative way to install the Kik app on the Blue stacks emulator; it does not use the Play store. It uses an APK.
Step One : – Kik Messenger APK download
Follow the steps given in the first method and install Blue Stacks on your Windows PC. Next, head on over to google, search for the keywords “Kik messenger APK download” or download it here. Make sure that it is the latest version and after downloading it, scan it for viruses. Remember the directory where you save the APK file; you will need it while installing.
Step Two :- Install APK
After the APK file has finished downloading, open Blue Stacks. Look in the bottom right direction, click on “install APK.” Find the directory you installed it in and double-click it.
Voila! You have successfully downloaded Kik on your computer. You can now login or signup to chat with your friends. Have fun using Kik on PC!
Method 3: – Leapdroid
Leapdroid is one of the best emulators you can get for Android. The touchscreen is properly implemented on the keyboard so you can navigate well even while using your keyboard. It allows you to enjoy applications and games on better, cleaner resolutions. Leapdroid is a good alternative to Blue stacks as some of the steps are similar. Leapdroid would be ideal for running Kik for PC.
Step One :- Download Leapdroid
- First things first, you need to download Leapdroid, download it here.
Step Two :- Install It
- Once Leapdroid has finished downloading, double-click to install it. It may take a little time as it is a relatively large application. Have patience and let it finish.
Step Three :- Open It
- After it has finished installing, fire it up, and you will see the interface below. Reasonably straightforward, all you have to do is the double tap on the Play Store. You can use any other application on Leapdroid.
Step Four :- Search for KIK
- Double tap on the Play store and it will ask you for your permission and your Google email ID. You need to put these in to move forward. After getting past these, click on the search bar and type in “Kik.” You will see the following screen.
Step Five :- Click on Install
- In the same manner, as you would install the application on an android phone, click on install. Click accept and let the download begin. After the installation has finished, you may open and start using Kik to chat with your friends!
Method 4: Andy
An alternative to Blue Stacks is Andy. It is one of the best android emulators today. It provides a seamless and fast experience of Android on your desktop PC. Andy offers a free service. Please make sure your computer meets the system requirements to run Andy. You need a system above Windows 7/8 3GB of RAM and 10GB disk space. Once you have the above requirements, you can run Kik for PC! Andy is free to use and extremely fast. It is available for free, but the installation takes time.
Step One :- Download Andy
- Look up the official website using Google or click here. Scroll down, and you’ll find a download button next to a robot. Click on it, and you will reach a different page, and the download will begin.
Step Two :- Open It
- Andy’s installation takes a lot of time so don’t worry about it not working. An hour or so later, the download will finish. During the installation, Andy.exe might ask you if you wish to download Byteforce Anti-virus and Yahoo! Services.
Step Three :- Search for Kik
- After the installation, Open the Play store as usual and search for Kik. Install it as you would normally.
Enjoy using one of the best emulators for Android, Kik will now work on your PC without problems.
Method 5: – Nox
One of the new players in the Android emulation zone, Nox packs a massive punch of features and speed. Nox even features unique skins and designs to use on the emulator. It is one of the most popular Android emulators for gaming. Nox has a premium feel and a clean look, which is surprising for a free application. As you can see, this is the ideal emulator for running KIk for PC. Here is how you can put Nox to good use.
Step One :- Download the Nox
- A quick google search will get you to Nox’s official website.
- Click on “Download” and wait for it to finish. It is a large file so it may take some time.
Step Two :- Open the Nox App
- After the download has finished, open the file and start the installation process. Follow the set up as given.
- Once it has finished installing, it will bring you to a home screen.
Step Three :- Find KIK
- On the top right corner, you will see the Play store logo, click on it. As usual, all you have to do is, search for Kik and locate it in the store. Install it and run it.
Now you can run Kik for PC and any other android application on Nox, for free!
Method 6: – MEMU
A premium, safe and fast emulator, MEMU is pretty damn useful. MEMU is brimming with features waiting for you to use. It is an ideal emulator and a good alternative to the mainstream emulators. MEMU would be a great emulator to use if you want to run apps like Kik. Here is the step by step tutorial on how you can use MEMU to use Kik for PC.
Step One :- Download MEMU
- Here Is MEMU’s official site, open it and click on “Download.”
Step Two :- Start Using MEMU
- MEMU might take a while to download and install, now, fire it up as usual.
Step Three :- Set Up MEMU and Find KIK App
- Once you are inside the emulator, you’ll see a home screen. Locate the Play store, it may ask for an email ID. Click the search bar and look for Kik.
- Once you have located the application inside the Play store, install it as usual. MEMU will install the Application and save it accordingly. After the installation, you can run Kik and use it to chat with your friends.
- You can install APK files on MEMU. Directly download an APK file from google and then drag it into MEMU. MEMU will install and save the APK without hassle.
These are the six ways you can use Kik on your computer. They are all quite adequate for the job; some are easier to handle than others. Pick one that suits your needs the most and have fun chatting away!