GarageBand for Windows is a tool by which you can create your fun music and make it sound incredibly professional at the same time. As you might already know, Apple’s ecosystem is entirely built around Giving Wings to creative people in society. The amount of creativity and ingenuity present in their built-in tools is almost second to none. One search tool or software which is filled with so many fun features that could get your creative juices flowing is GarageBand for PC.
Also, as you might have imagined, it is exclusively available on Apple’s Mac Operating System. But what if you are a Windows user who also loves Apple’s creativity in GarageBand? Are you entirely left out of the fun and Adventures of the app? Thankfully, no.
There is a way or should I say ways by which we can download and install GarageBand for Windows PC! So let’s get straight to it then.
Using an Emulator
The numerator is nothing but a virtual software that can mimic the functionality of one platform on top of another so that you can run apps designed for one on some other operating system for which does not support natively compatible.
Search Party office that you can get yourself in the emulator which mimics the Mac operating system on top of your existing Windows operating system so that you can run the fantastic GarageBand for windows application on your PC.
If you are running on AMD based environment, unit not that have to check before and weather system is compatible with AMD-V or not.
1. For that, you’ll have to download a compatibility checker app from this URL: http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/utilities?k=virtualization
- It is in the form of a compressed folder extracted to a location in your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and then launch an app that says AMD Hyper-V. It’s better than you right click on it and run it as an administrator.
- If your system is not AMD-V compatible, you might get a message to like this one.
After I have confirmed your IMDB compatibility, you have to download the virtual machine ever later known as VMware. You can use other software as well, but I am very well familiar with VMware, and I feel it is the best one around.
- Download VMware from this URL: https://www.vmware.com/products/player/playerpro-evaluation.html
- To get a virtual machine, you will also have to download the operating system image file for Mac OS Sierra. You can find it at this URL: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3PQ3K2Olo9ZWXp5dUVVdTFHY1U
- Also, you’ll have to enable virtualization from your BIOS settings to run the operating system in 64-bit mode.
- Once you have downloaded the Mac OS image, extract it to a location on your computer.
- Navigate to this path: macOS Sierra > macOS Sierra 10.12 tools > Final Youtube Folder > unlocker208 and locate a file with says Win-install. Right click on it and run it as administrator. Wait for all the things to be completed in the command window that opens afterward.
- You can open VMware and then click on the option that sells open Virtual Machine. You will then have to navigate to the same path as Above and then select the OS image over there.
- Now that you have loaded up Mac OS, you’ll have to change the system resource allotment to it. To do that, click on the edit Virtual Machine settings.
- Just select the processor and Ram allotment to get the best experience out of your virtual machine. We recommend allotting half of your CPU cores and half of your Ram to the virtual machine.
Boot Up MacOS Sierra
- To boot up Mac OS coming after click on the Play Virtual Machine option.
- After the Apple logo WhatsApp for about 5 to 10 minutes you will credit with the welcome screen where you will have to select your country and your keyboard preferences.
- You then have to sign up for an Apple ID on the virtual machine come on because you will need that for just about anything in Mac OS.
- After you skip all the unnecessary steps, you will load onto the home screen from where you can search for GarageBand for windows in the Taskbar and then install it.
There you go! You have now successfully installed GarageBand for windows on a virtual machine running Mac OS which is running right on top of your Windows PC!
Using in iOS to PC Emulator
- First, you have to download the app ipadian Simulator for your PC from their website
- Installed at all you have to do is search for GarageBand for Windows and install the first option you see.
- After that come on GarageBand is fully functional on your Windows PC. Enjoy!
Features of GarageBand for Windows
Options and instruments :- Supports a large variety of musical instruments that you can operate with nearly real-world accuracy.
Multi-touch support :- And compatible devices, you can have multi-touch support on the instruments present on GarageBand for windows. So you can have pretty much a real-world experience. When using the musical instruments on there and not a tasteless digital feel.
Extremely advanced equalizer :- The Equaliser which is built on to the GarageBand for windows app is exceptionally sophisticated. So, this enables professional musicians or even casual creators to have the best experience. While using the app to create music.
Easy sharing :- With GarageBand, you can easily share your work with others in the community or with all your devices using the iCloud drive. Using this app, you can create your custom ringtones and other notification tones, and be truly unique among your friends.
Wanna download more Apple Application on your Windows then, check out this iMessage for PC guide.
So there you have it. These were the two best ways by which you can get GarageBand on Windows PC. Hope you found this article helpful. If you don’t mind downloading a sizeable operating system image file, go with the first method. Then download the VMware Virtual Machine first. It will take a lot of time to set up, but it might be worth it by giving you a smoother experience in the end.
What if you don’t want the full operating system features and only want GarageBand for Windows PC, you can go with the iPad and method and save yourself the trouble of downloading that large working system file. Enjoy!